CD player not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a week ago, I left my 05 HSE in Seattle for 10 days as I flew off to Maui. When I came back, the battery was dead. I had AAA come down and they confirmed that the batt was good but somehow, it got drained. Ran the engine for a bit and everything seems to be fine.
Today, I tried to play the CDs in my player and nothing happened. No error messages etc. I hit eject, and the screen says "ejecting" but nothing happens. All other buttons wont work. The radio and aux work and other functions as well. And no, there is no "gears" sounds coming from the CD player. And nothing happens when I turn off an don the car either.
I'm thinking I need to reset this thing. Or has someone have a better solution?
Ive searched the forums and no threads match my problem.
Thanks! Z

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard reset maybe?

The link below is interesting as it somewhat addresses your CD problem.

I used "Hard Reset" as the search term and quite a few threads appear. For what it is worth, a Hard Reset is not the solution but sounds like a software update by the dealer is. The problem seems to arise after a dead battery change out.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=14719&highlight=hard+reset&page=2

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally took my LR into the stealership to try and use my extended warranty. My maintenance advisor said that EasyCare is going to assess the situation. My warranty states "CD Player malfuction" so I don't see what needs to be assessed. The advisor told me that EasyCare is probably going to try and find me a refurbished one.. instead of shelling out the $1500 for a new one.. We'll see what happens.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a brand new one.. I had to pay my $200 deductible but got a new $1600 console out of it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM