CEL from hell, P0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tr182md

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum as well. Need to get this fixed. I have a code reader and can reset the code but need to fix problem.

I am having a terrible time with my 06 LR3 HSE.

About a year ago I went to Yellowstone. I noticed a lot of pinging at altitude, when I got back the dealer said it was a bad thermostat. That did not make sense to me but I replaced it.

Then soon after that the car went crazy. All the fault lights, stuck in access mode, smelled fuel.

Dealer found rat had chewed harness. $3000 later new harness and on way home check engine light comes on. Back to dealer. Found vacuum lines chewed, and coolant line. Insurance pays for all but coolant line because dealer won't say it is rodent for sure.

They can't figure it out so new ECM computer, another $3000. Insurance pays. Still check engine light when I get it.

Then dealer keeps it for a while, does all types of things. Another engine harness (free) I think they did fuel pump. Oxygen sensor (insurance paid).

Frustrated I ask them to think. They say problem is with one bank so they move injectors and sensors and problem moves with injectors and sensors. So they send injectors off for cleaning. I get it back a few days later check engine light.

They tell me they will wait for a regional tech to come by. Months and months pass, finally I bring it in again and they say I need a purge valve. I hesitate, but finally relent. I pay and I insist they drive for 80 miles. I get it back, within about 50 miles CEL back. This has been a year.

Now I am asking them to put together a list of all the things they have done and I send them this article. https://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-P0172-and-P0175 I want them to think about it, maybe meet with me and make a flow sheet.

Two patterns, the problem followed the injectors and sensors when they moved them, and maybe 60-75% of time CEL goes off between 3/4 full and 1/4 full. One time when I picked it up and got gas the pump kept clicking off. I also felt that after this problem it no longer sounds as loud when I first start car in cold. It used to rev higher for a few minutes.

I am very frustrated. I still love this car.

Any ideas? I feel that dealer just replaces a part without thinking. First sign of thinking was when they switched sensors right to left.

I am going to replace the Mass Air Flow sensor on my own. Cheap enough.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MAF Sensor can cause both those things; strange idle and CEL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo