center brake lamp assembly replacement...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdf6hr

Reaction score
forgive me if this has been discussed before and i missed it....

anyway, has anyone out there had to replace this assembly?

if so, any tips or warnings?

weekender do-able? or should the pros be brought in?

thank you for any feedback.

Last edited:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a do it yourself

If you are a windshield glass installer, they you can do it. The same techniques apply. The plastic unit is glued in there just like a windscreen. Yes, it appears that LED's do not last quite as long as some think.

Below is link to my brake light switch album. Within is a wiring diagram that shows the electrical. Probably if your red tail light brake lights are working, there is power to the upper as well, but it may just be wiring problem.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5082

Replace the ***** with disco3 co uk and put periods in the spaces - blocking and all that.

sdf6hr

Reaction score
sorry i did not give enough info and led you to think the lamp does not work...

the lamp lights perfectly fine when brakes are applied; my problem is the plastic lens has a crack / hole in it and i would like to replace it for appearance reasons...

i don't think it is an led set-up... i have an '08 se, all lamps on rear of truck appear to bulb fixtures.

thank you for the quick response though.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is LED...the CENTER HIGH MOUNTED one I mean...but I haven't really looked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4