Changing rear LR4 decal to Discovery 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? BPUtah sells the OEM Discovery 4 decal (for the tailgate) that comes with an installation template. How easy is it to remove the original decal cleanly?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not difficult but time consuming. You can use dental floss to slice under the existing letters. There will be foam stick pad residue still in the tailgate. You can attempt to roll the sticky stuff with your fingers but I found that spirit or goo remover helped. Following total removal of the letters you can polish the area if need be and then clean off and reapply the Disco 4 letters. I would measure from side and bottom of tailgate where the LR4 letters sit prior to removal.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you end up doing this, you will definitely have to take pictures!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like this? :wink:

IMG-20110731-00072.jpg

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You forgot my favorite reason to be hated: The ability to drive straight into the beach, park by our canopy and enjoy the music on the stereo of my Discovery 4 :hello:

IMG_0424.jpg

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have another challenge... In a few weeks, when my D4 :smile: eventually shows up, I need to find somewhere in San Diego where I can pull up to the beach and take a picture.

Thats just an awesome shot Alex. You should crop it and put it in under your name...or, if you really want to make us jealous, just crop the TDV6 picture :big grin:

saludos....

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have another challenge... In a few weeks, when my D4 :smile: eventually shows up, I need to find somewhere in San Diego where I can pull up to the beach and take a picture.

Thats just an awesome shot Alex. You should crop it and put it in under your name...or, if you really want to make us jealous, just crop the TDV6 picture :big grin:

saludos....

There... I added a beach shot (not the one above though) as my profile picture

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM