Charge Warning Lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Charge warning (battery) light came on and as I got closer to home systems started failing and as I pulled up to the house she died. Tried to boost off my Touareg and cables sparked to the point the cables got hot. Yes they were connected correctly. Replaced battery and now 9 seconds after starting the charge light comes on. I'm getting 14.5-14.8 at the battery. Today I pulled the battery, transmission ECU, and the ECU and cleaned all connectors behind the battery, reinstalled, and no change. Does anyone have any ideas? My Nanocom is giving me a P063C Generator voltage sense - circuit low. I'm hesitant to replace the alternator since I'm getting 14.8 volts at the battery terminal. Also FYI the truck runs fine, all systems seem to be operable, just that battery light being on concerns me.

Last edited:

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE. Well I guess KISS is what I should have been thinking, replaced the alternator and everything seems to be ship shape, the light is off and she's running normally. Bought one from the local auto parts Denso brand rebuilt for $200 and change. One thing I noticed is there are two tangs on the positive cable connection at the alternator and the factory unit has 4 slots at each quarter of the circle and the rebuilt has one at 3 and 6 so it requires bending one of the tangs on the cable flat. Just an FYI if you're trying to connect the positive cable with the unit back in the car. I would connect both cables and then mount the unit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99