Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

arkrover

I have a 1997 Disco SD. It started running funny the other day. On the highway at speed the engine will cut-out for about 3 seconds. It will run fine for a min or so and then another cut-out. This seems to happen off and on alot. Some days none, other days alot. The check engine ligth came on during one of these cut-outs. It seems to happen completely randomly. Up hills, flat, down hills. Im complet4ely lost, any info on this would be very helpful.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds similar to my "PET PEEVE" with my 98 Disco i find putting her in 3rd hitting the gas will clear this up .
I have been experiencing this problem on and off for 4-5 years and have had several suggestions to help fix the issue from Valve Jobs to Spark Plug to cleaning (replacing) the VSS this seems to work for a while but then a year 18 months later the problem rears its ugly head again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99