clunking sound and marbles in drivers rear wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are all of a sudden getting a loud clunk in reverse like we thought we hit something and what sounds like loose metal or marbles rolling around from driver rear wheel or wheel well. any ideas?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, and don't drive it to the dealership or repair shop, have it flat bedded.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the bearing would also cause a loud clunking? i was thinking tran or suspension. the clicking loose marbles /metal clicking sound i figured was wheel bearing.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be the shoes of the emergency brake that is inside the hub...but elsewhere on this forum someone had a blown wheel bearing, and he thought it was Armageddon.

clew

Reaction score
I was driving down the road with the windows down and heard a sound coming from my rear passenger-side wheel. It sounded like something rattling. It only happens between 19-25mph. Could this be a bearing issue too? I've also got the dreaded goodyear OEM tires that desperately need to be replaced (33K miles). The noised didn't sound like the wear indicators though.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gothca, dropped it off tonihgt at dealer. of course when i dropped it off the clunking had stopped and the growling was faint.......... never fails. hope thye dont come back with "could not replicate customer issue"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge