Comp PD1880 hubcaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, they are 275/60R18s indeed. Very impressed at how quiet and comfy they are on the road so far, I am crossing my fingers they stay silent as they wear out a bit, because my experience with other ATs has been that they usually start well enough but get quite noisy as time goes by.

PS: Getting an Asfir skid plate and Tactical 4X4 rock sliders and fuel tank plate installed this week, will post more photos.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, they are 275/60R18s indeed. Very impressed at how quiet and comfy they are on the road so far, I am crossing my fingers they stay silent as they wear out a bit, because my experience with other ATs has been that they usually start well enough but get quite noisy as time goes by.

PS: Getting an Asfir skid plate and Tactical 4X4 rock sliders and fuel tank plate installed this week, will post more photos.

So, you have 275/60R18. They fit the spare fully inflated? Where did you get your tpms sensors?

I got an email from compomotive saying 265/60/r18 fits the spare well and doesnt rub. Does yours rub?

I am looking at a set of 19" from a member here but also considering these 18" wheels with some light truck A/T type tires. I need something good in snow and ice. Wrangler SilentArmor look good, but im still looking for info.

Thanks for any info you can give.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yoko 275/60R18 spare fits fully inflated on its Compomotive rim, running wheels don't rub anywhere. I got my sensors from TPMSdirect.com, they're a bit cheaper than the average. 265/60R18s are closer to stock (your speedo will be more accurate), but you give up a little bit of sidewall for off-roading.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of a thread resurrection here.

Anyone else with ideas how to keep these ceter caps in the Compomotive wheels? I have lost two center caps now and have just ordered a black set from eBay. I don't want to lose these once they arrive!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of a thread resurrection here.

Anyone else with ideas how to keep these ceter caps in the Compomotive wheels? I have lost two center caps now and have just ordered a black set from eBay. I don't want to lose these once they arrive!
Hi!

I had the same problem, especially with my OEM black-pack center caps. I actually ordered a couple additional sets on eBay, one of which is OEM and the other from Korea or China (aftermarket, but look the same). The aftermarket ones fit the best, but I figured out a good way to make those OEM center caps really snug.

Take some good electrical tape and wrap each clip a few times. Don't over do it, but it should allow the center cap to fit snug and definitely will not fall out. I have had no problems since last November.

I hope that helps!

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Umbertob,
I am getting my wheels powder coated this week and need to know how to remove the TPMS so I can put them back in when I get them back. How are they installed or should I just buy new sensors (might damage them upon removal?)? the current sensors work fine.
Thanks,
ANGLR4

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,
I am getting my wheels powder coated this week and need to know how to remove the TPMS so I can put them back in when I get them back. How are they installed or should I just buy new sensors (might damage them upon removal?)? the current sensors work fine.
Thanks,
ANGLR4
I know Umberto would agree, it's very simple. You can definitely keep the sensors, they only pop in and out. The only thing you may need to have the tire installation place do is replace the o-rings to create a tight seal. Most of them are well aware of TPMS re-seal kits.

TPMS is just a small unit, it should be no problem at all.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,
Thanks,
ANGLR4

Unless you can remove the tire from the rim you will to have a tire shop take care of that...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have the same issue you all did with my new Compomotives. I sent an email to Compomotive and they said the LR wheels have been the same for the last few years so the hubcaps should fit. Hmmm. They don't have any to offer. So I headed over to eBay and there are a LOT of options. Is there a particular size I am looking for that we know works with the Compos?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72