Considering upgrading the stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey fellow owners i have owned my landrover for a while and have been very happy with it. the only problem is with the lack of bass in my stereo system. so i was wondering if any of ya'll have added subwoofers to your systems. if so what kind and where. also when i do this i want to replace the factory head unit with the alpine iDA-X100. http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X100. i have looked at the jlw7 and the memphis mojo. any insight on this subject and pictures of installs would be great.

Thanks,
Noah

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't replace the head unit, it's integrated in the ECU and will **** your car dead if you remove it (from what I understand). Most people by some sort of signal deprocessor and then add amps to that, and add/replace speakers to suit.

There are a couple of threads here on it, and a really good one on Disco3.co.uk with part numbers, photos, etc...

Crutchfield seems to have a handle on it, and can match you up with the right gear probably. Even some of the UK guys buy from Crutchfield.

BTW< if you have an SE or HSE, you already have an 8" sub in the lower tallgate of your truck. A Pioneer 10" slim line sub will fit there....

My truck does not have a sub in it (sort of a rare LR3 version), and I recently priced adding a base sub. Here is the quote I received in SoCal.

Pioneer 10" slim line woofer $155.00
Pioneer Sub Grill $15.00
Pioneer Class D Mono Amp 400watt RMS $195.00
REQ Line output convertor/bass restoration interface $129.00
Amp install kit $40.00 Power wire / RCA / AGU Fuse holder
Volume Knob for sub $40.00

Not a great system, but better than what I've got now, buy a long shot.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't have Navigation and PTI, you could pull the head unit, too, and replace it... but it would obviously require some custom work to look decent. It won't **** your car, but you'll lose access to the settings menu in the instrument panel.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a really high end audio shop by my house who have done land rovers in the past i know that they won't do anything like that without letting me know
if there is a way they will find it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo