Coolant additives...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Water Wetter or Purple Ice in their Discovery...

Jonathan

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
have not done it personally, but have heard good things about water wetter.

But if you are overheating, you may want to find the issue, not just mask the problem.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Joey,

I'm not overheating, but wanted to avoid overhaeting anytime so I am changing out the upper hose assembly and the t/stat as preventative maintence... I figured I would add either one of the additives if anyone has postivie things to say about them... I figured cooler is better either way....

Jonathan

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you changing hoses, change them all.... keep the old ones as emergency spares.

TAPb4theSNAP

Reaction score
Water Wetter is the way to go!!! I started using water wetter in my motocross race bikes and found it to work awsome, then I started using it in all my cars/trucks too! What a difference this stuff makes. I just added some to my rover about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it has dropped the temp down quite a bit! I would tell anyone concerned with overheating to use it. As for the other brand I could not tell you how it is....never tried it.
Hope this helps,
Jeremy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak