Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At highway speeds, in my estimation, the noise is about 20% more. The stock tires are soft and quiet. Coopers have more agressive tread pattern so they have the higher noise.

I have 10K trouble free miles on the continentals and I think I am going to switch back to them, not because I don't like the Coopers for day to day use, but because the stock tires have a lot of tread left and I'll just use them for around town and commuting etc and then when they wear out (or if I am going on another trip) - I'll put the Coopers back on.

If would recommend that you stick with the stock tires, I mean why discard new tires (unless you can recoup some money by selling them). They are not bad tires. I have been to local OHV parks 3 times with the stock tires and they did just fine.
jamgolf does have a good point... I switched my tires because the Coopers are definitely much better off-road, but I also like the look of them MUCH better than the stock Contis. For me, that's worth it. Though, honestly, I would have been fine on the stock Contis! :)

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get about 80 bucks per tire from discount tires, but thats it. So, a 400 credit....I think net net, after taxes, etc, i would be out 1k or so. I think the traction of the lr4 with hdp is going to be so much better than what I am used to, the conti's will be fine for now, but I am very worried about how durable they are. I have had bfg's on my D1 for over 12 years now, and have never had a flat...unsure if I even remember how to change a tire!

Thanks for the feedback....

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jamgolf does have a good point... I switched my tires because the Coopers are definitely much better off-road, but I also like the look of them MUCH better than the stock Contis. For me, that's worth it. Though, honestly, I would have been fine on the stock Contis! :)

Unsure if its worth 1k, but you are right...they look great!!!! (whats the smilie for envy?)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unsure if its worth 1k, but you are right...they look great!!!! (whats the smilie for envy?)
I agree... you just need to figure out if it's worth it for you. I am still unsure about the 18 inch wheels until I figure everything out, but I paid about $600.00 for my tires total after selling my stock Contis on Craiglist. For me, having the tire I wanted is worth the price. Then again, I spend too much anyway.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trouble with the 18's is that its not just the 2k for the wheels, or 1,200 for the tires, its where do you mount the 5th wheel? If you go to that much expense and effort to get the 18's, you probably won't put a stock size on it...then you need to mount the tire on your rack or buy the rear tire carrier...next thing you know, you have spent 4-5 grand. For some, its a requirement and money well spent...but as much as I would prefer 18's, do i really hate the conti's or coopers that much? :)

Still on the fence, but as I have a road trip soon, I only have a few days to come to a decision before the 1,500 mile cap on that trade in reduces the value...

I have, however, not procrastinated on everything. I have successfully completed two of my "mods" already. Roof Rails (and crossbars) and the cigarette lighter you suggested (major labor effort for that one!). The replacement lights bulbs/HID have a nice reserved spot on my garage table for now....

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered these LTZs through Discount Tire. They quoted me $232 per tire. With tax (8.1%) and installation, it comes to $1078. I thought that sounded like a fair price. Hoping to get them installed before Thanksgiving. I decided to only get the 4 tires and didn't replace my full size spare with the OEM Continental tire. Just seems like a waste to replace that when my chances of needing the spare is so small. Any thoughts on this?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered these LTZs through Discount Tire. They quoted me $232 per tire. With tax (8.1%) and installation, it comes to $1078. I thought that sounded like a fair price. Hoping to get them installed before Thanksgiving. I decided to only get the 4 tires and didn't replace my full size spare with the OEM Continental tire. Just seems like a waste to replace that when my chances of needing the spare is so small. Any thoughts on this?
Hello waltzonice,

You will love the LTZs...they are awesome tire options if you want to keep the 19" wheels. I ordered five of the LTZs through tread depot.com back when I got them and they are selling for $216.00 a tire. I ended up getting the fifth tire because I wanted a similar spare just in case. I also got the tire insurance because it's a great deal. Here is a link:

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/01410.html

They were AMAZING customer service!

Keep us posted!

-David

crtfour

Reaction score
I'm looking at these tires as well for my LR3. Do they seem to balance out ok? I don't mind extra road noise as long as they don't vibrate going down the highway!

Thanks,

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at these tires as well for my LR3. Do they seem to balance out ok? I don't mind extra road noise as long as they don't vibrate going down the highway!

Thanks,

Rob
I love them! Very little road noise - but I have a rack with big pelican boxes so maybe I can't hear anything :)

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on your tips, I put a set on as well about a month ago - love them. They are a little hard to come by, but worth it. It's too bad there isn't more of a selection on 19" rims, but these will do.

They are well balanced and you get used to the hum....they let you know you have a more proper tire on the Disco.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112