cost to replace air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are the first one I have heard of replacing everything from compressor to
airbags. Wow! How many miles on the vehicle?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer? What was the time period of all the problems. What was the last thing they replaced that fixed it? According to the dealer computer, I had a compressor problem but after they waited 3 weeks for one, turned out to just be a bad height sensor.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe im the only one whos had almost the whole air suspension setup replaced...

leaks out the ass, and a bad compressor.. all recently replaced within the passed 6 months.

Each new airshock complete assembly cost me about $800 at dealer to replace. Compressor was like $1200. They also put in almost all new lines... lots of leaks found, 2 faulty ride height sensors... etc..

Luckily I only paid for 1 $800ish new air shock , the rest I had gotten right after i bought the extended warranty.

I find this hard to believe. While it is possible that all these componets have failed, I just don't see it likely that all these componets really failed. I try to do my own work for this very reason. A lot of techs work off what a computer tells them. The computer is only there to aid in finding a problem they still have to use their smarts to find it. Mine is a pleasure vehical only and sits for up to two weeks at a time (55k on an 05) and I don't even get any corners that sag. The only componet that has failed on mine is the compressor (At 46k and 11 months ago).

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe im the only one whos had almost the whole air suspension setup replaced...

leaks out the ass, and a bad compressor.. all recently replaced within the passed 6 months.

Each new airshock complete assembly cost me about $800 at dealer to replace. Compressor was like $1200. They also put in almost all new lines... lots of leaks found, 2 faulty ride height sensors... etc..

Luckily I only paid for 1 $800ish new air shock , the rest I had gotten right after i bought the extended warranty.

Luckily you didnt pay for all of this out of the pocket. Like some other members are saying it seems kind of unusual. Probably a small problem somewhere and it sounds like they dont know what it is so they are just kind of throwing parts at it untill they hit the mark. Long as they are getting paid they wont complain.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Ryan said, too many tech these days rely on the computer to tell them what is wrong instead of using common sense to really find the problem. I am glad we got the extended warranty.

J.D.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
As of now nothing out of the ordinary was wrong with the suspension but I have heard quite a few stories about faulty compressors and such and wanted to get a feel for the issue and how prevelent it is.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 se7 and had multiple issues with my suspension and looked for a conversion kit- no luck. Finally after dealer replaced compressor, sensors - practically everything, they were able to determined I had a wire that had rubbed the coating off and when it contacted metal, it would cause the problems. It would drop one corner sometimes, sometimes the rear, or front and even drop all corners while on highway. It took several trips to dealer and thankfully they fixed it and all under warranty!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72