D90 stalling issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cam80

Ok...I'm a noob to this board, but I'm up here in MD visiting my step-brother who owns a 97 D90 that has stalling issues. Was hoping someone more knowledgable than myself might be able to explain it. Basically, the Rover starts up fine....idles fine....drives fine. After about 10-15 minutes (once warmed up) it stalls when coming to a stop. The only way to combat this issue is to throw it in neutral and give it some gas.

The only things I can think of are Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and possibly the Fuel Pressure Regulator. I've informed him to change the last two first as these are obviously cheaper, but I figured I would also check with you guys to see if there was something I might be missing. Fuel Pump doesn't seem to be whining loudly after warm-up, so I think I can rule that out. Is there something I'm missing here? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could also be a dirty TPS (thottle position sensor) or a dirty IAC.... May also be a dirty MAF sensor....

C

cam80

Yeah, I thought about the TPS and MAF, mainly because I have replaced those on a truck I own. I told him to check the TPS with a voltmeter. Also, I guess someone else suggested he clean the MAF, but I don't see how you could. Where you should clean is shrouded in plastic. Matter of fact....the whole unit appears to be plastic (except for the vanes that measure air flow). I'm pretty sure he has already changed the IAC.

I'm used to working on American cars and I didn't even check....would those throw a check engine code/light?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the MAF sensor from the vehicle... get a can of non-residue contact cleaner and spray very thouroughly inside the MAF manly across the vanes that measure air flow. Let dry for 15 to 20 minutes (to ensure no left over puddles of cleaner) reinstall.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72