Darn my 89 rides smooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xlgrover

Fellas:
I had some snow in Cleveland a few days ago and took my (new to me) 89 Rover out for the first time. I was really amazed at how well she rode both on road and off road. She was smoother on pavement than my 2005 F150

healey1006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the 89 Rangie has a nice supple ride. Not truck-like at all. I had one for ten years myself and really liked it. A criticism of the supple ride was that it leaned too much on turns when on the road. As a result, front and rear stabilizer bars were added in the 1990 model year. There was a suspension upgrade kit available from Land Rover for pre 1990 Range Rovers that would give you the stabilizer bars. I believe it's still currently available from Atlantic British. I went for the kit myself and added Bilstein shocks. The ride was still relatively supple and street handling was vastly improved. The trade-off with the stabilizer bars is less overall wheel travel which might be an issue if you go off-road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM