Dash Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car I am buying (2008 V8 HSE) came with an all black plastic dash and surrounds, I believe that the 2009 came with wooden inserts on the sides of the central stack as well as the driver and passenger AC vents. Can these be bought from aftermarket suppliers or are they genuine LR products?

FYI, I did a search and came out with nothing. Cheers.

Chris344

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2008 HSE (and all 2009's to best of my knowledge) came with the option of wood or "piano black," and it sounds like you have the latter. You can buy the parts from the dealer to swap from the piano black to the wood, but I hear they are costly.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that they are. The car I am buying was a 2008 modwl that was originally purchased in late 2007, it could be that closer inspection will reveal that they are indeed Piano Black, my first impression though was that they are plastic.

Trynian

Reaction score
The car I am buying (2008 V8 HSE) came with an all black plastic dash and surrounds, I believe that the 2009 came with wooden inserts on the sides of the central stack as well as the driver and passenger AC vents. Can these be bought from aftermarket suppliers or are they genuine LR products?

FYI, I did a search and came out with nothing. Cheers.

I have have seen some of the factory kits on Ebay from time to time.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will check on ebay then, I am almost pretty sure they were plastic for some rrason or another, loks quite austere inside. Wasnot going to fork double what I am paying for this LR3 for a nicer dashboard though!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the wood pieces I'd gladly buy the piano black pieces from you

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the wood pieces I'd gladly buy the piano black pieces from you

Sounds good, I expect to finalize the sale on Saturday, we will then see what is it that I have and move from there. Thanks.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that product is for the rounded hazard switch (pre '08) model year. Buying the wood pieces for a straight swap from piano black should be less than the dealerfit.com price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo