dealer says that head is warped at 50k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped off the 99 D2 thursday with a tick/chirp that i (along with the service manager) thought was a manifold problem. Got the call yesterday that the drivers side head is warped or possibly even cracked. Courtney at Land rover akron claims that for the warranty company to cover this work they first have to send out the head to a machine shop to see if it can be repaired and only if they fail it will they cover a new head, or atleast they "should cover it either way" is what i got from her. One big problem with all of this is now instead of not having vehicle for a day or 2, it may be 1-2 weeks. Another gripe I have is that even though my ext. warranty goes 'til 07 the new/old head will only carry a 1 year parts warranty, so if it fails again a year and a half from now I will be SOL. This makes no sense to me.

This is actually the first vehicle i have owned with any kind of warranty and i assumed that if something ever went wrong they would fix it, no questions asked. Doesnt appear that way. Is it normal for a head to fail at 50k miles?

I am slightly disapointed with land rovers attitude, but keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out and that the warranty company doesnt **** me off.

Thanks for putting up with my venting...love this forum.

chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4