Defender Tomb Raider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

apostrophe

Those sketches are more like a Ford or Japanese SUV than the Defender. There's a reason Jeep's TJ still looks the same as it did years ago, if it ain't broke don't fix it :(

Awhile back I was considering getting an older D90 imported from England, but it's too costly to bring into Canada, they're beautiful vehicles though.

James

jholewka

Reaction score
Screehopper said:
The new Defender won't be as rugged and it appears to be geared towards the mall-crawlers group. So sad.
So sad indeed, in the town I live in , in NJ I think mine are the only two Rovers that have dirt on them, and there is a ton of them here.

S

Screehopper

jholewka said:
So sad indeed, in the town I live in , in NJ I think mine are the only two Rovers that have dirt on them, and there is a ton of them here.

Dirt? Here's a respost from D-90.com that is funny and sad at the same time. (Funny comments, sad about the accident)

This is why you shouldn't take your Defender 90 through the car wash:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/3688069/detail.html

And go through the 7 photos.

Comments on the forums:
"I bet it came out fine for damages. The pickup looks like it broke the fall. "

"Thats why you should never wash a D-90, they don't like to be clean,
as you can see this one ran away from the car wash, and tried to do
some wheeling."

"WOW! That really blows! I agree with Mike though, it must have been
running from its bath."

jholewka

Reaction score
Ouch! Ever since my friends father took his brand new 71 TR6 thru the carswash and it got creemed inside the wash would I every think about going thru a car wash, let alone one where you don't stay in the car. I mean for 5 or 6 bucks whatever it is, where else can you get your vehicle clean and take a nice soapy bath at the same time.........You have to be one with your vehicles, get out there and wash it yourself, then, only then can you become one..:)
Jim
92 RRC
97 Disco

C

clarkcr

Knowing Ford, it will follow GMs lead by licensing "Hummer" and the Defender will be nothing more than a warmed over Explorer.

sad.

D

discoinjapan

Hey, you guys like these Tomb Raider editions. They imported 2 of these here into Japan, my 2 friends bought both of them. We should all be getting together next weekend for the Borneo challenge. Ill get some pics of them and post them on my gallery. You can see the very back end of one of them on one of my pics(taking a break) allready posted.
Mike

C

capthook

I seriously hoped the next Defender would be just as simplistic / rugged and utilitarian as the last ones.... as a mechanicly inclined customer who likes to 4x4 the Defender is right up my ally, but I bought a Disco II and drool over the rare occurance to see a Defender in 4x4 action making it look easy in total 4x4 hell more or less

To think of the classic Defender 4x4 as a mall bound, over-amped & under equipped 4x4 is to stab the LR badge through it's center. Way 2 go Ford.

Maybe if I belly-ache enough about the fact that all *truely* REAL rock & trail ready production 4x4's have all but gone. A Hummer is a Tahoe. A ******* Tahoe. A Defender with independent? LoL! Let's just lower it too!

Blah

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM