Disco colapsed over rear wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TracyU

Reaction score
What does this mean?? How can this happen over night? No, the tire is not flat. Please advise! Thanks

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Sitting on the bump stops

It could be any number of things that control the rear air ride system.Fuse,bad air pump,hole in one of the air bags or a hole in one of the lines from the pump to the air bags.I had this problem several times and finally got tired of working on it and replaced the air bags with a coil spring kit from Strutmasters.Now I have eliminated one of the many problems that discos have.The ride might not be as soft but I don't have to worry about it collapsing any longer.:smile:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with being a lot more specific. Have you even crawled under the truck to check what has failed, come on and take a little responsibility in helping us help you fix it.

TracyU

Reaction score
Mike,

I'm glad you're retired mate.

Forgive me for not being an expert in every regard to my vehicle, but I believe that's why you got to have a job - because everyone cant know everything - frequently that is the purpose of questions.

I'm glad I only saw this after another person attempted to be reasonable in providing an answer, and long after the problem was solved.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, however that's there is something to be said for the sanctity of ones own mind, so do feel free to keep entirely useless commentary out of informational forums as you provide nothing of value to those in them.

In short - I recon you're a bit of a ****.

But hey - keep posting your stats. I'm sure somebody cares.

Best, Tracy

TracyU

Reaction score
D.A.R.Y.L,

Thanks for the thoughts mate. I really appreciate it.

Best, Tracy

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. What an ass. And you're a big enough ass that you probably think I'm talking about mike.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When someone posts a thread and hasn't even taken the time to check it out for them selves, then my reply fits.
You need to take some responsibility in helping us help you.
I you didn't like my reply, then I must have hit pretty close to home.
In the mean time, I don't see where you have done anything to find the problem, just complain.

TracyU

Reaction score
In fact yes, I did crawl under and look, however I would have to know what I was looking at/for to understand. In short - I appreciated Daryls answers as he gave me some where to start. You were just a twit with nothing helpful to offer. And my opinion still stands - I recon you were being a bit of a ****.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you own a vehicle and not know what you are looking at.
You need to get back on a bike or skate board.

TracyU

Reaction score
so you think that would be an acceptable answer to your daughter or your best friend? ok mate. my opinion, again, stands.

many people own vehicles and do not know exactly, or even partially, how they work. most people i dare say. but some of us are interested in knowing and understanding. so we ask. and we ask with the hope that someone will provide even a little information that we can research in order to understand. people like you shut down the learning experience before it even starts. i think that sucks.

i had no intention to insult you with my question, but your answer insulted me. i dont quite understand what your motivation was. mine was solely to learn.

i woke up and saw something i'd never seen before. i crawled under to look and try to understand but had no idea what i was looking at or for. so i asked.

it's pretty simple.

again - as a service manager - assuming that title implies customer service - i'm glad you're retired. enjoy your hobby. sorry to offend you by being a curious vehicle owner.

best, T

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4