Disco II front parking/repeater lamp replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

TTjr

Well……
Here I am an new Land Rover Discovery II owner year 2000 model. So nice to meet you all here and I look forward to many years of interaction here on the forum.

I’ve been making lots of horsepower for the last 12 years with four cylinder turbocharged dodge engines and can rebuild that series of engines and transmissions and computers and wire harnesses and body components without looking at the book. But now a new beast challenges me.

And I bow down and ask for guidance… Somewhat embarrassed but I’ll get over it (again).

How do I remove the front parking lamp assemblies so that I can change the parking lamp (light bulbs)? I own the service manual, went to page 86-2-3, but still cannot figure out how to access two out of three lamp assembly fasteners.

So it is embarrassing but fun… And I look forward to guidance from the WetWildWorld
TTjr

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tom!

The lamps are connected with a spring hook mechanism. At least that is how it is on the D1 I believe. Just open the hood and look for the spring mechanism and pull on that. Maybe someone will have a little better instruction for you.

T

TTjr

Thanks Sam

It seems like it is spring loaded but the service manual guides me differently. Lets see who else can give me a hint to this puzzle.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude. If it will be for D1 - i'd tell you.. :) Wait for Mike to chime in on D2

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Tom! If there is a spring hooked to the metal frame behind the headlight, try pulling that spring away from where it's hooked into, small hole, and see if that works.

I just did mine today and was suprises at how easy it was to remove the corner lamp housing. Headlights were a piece of cake too.

D

discomike

Front light assembly

I heard that Sergei,
I can help if it were a headlight problem, but not the lower lights. I broke my bumper so bad and sooooo often that I made a switch to some armor plating.
Mike J.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 49
T

TTjr

Figured it out

It looks like there are two "guide posts" and one threaded fastener. So I just have to remove the screw again and then use brute force, leverage and awkwardness and it should be a done deal!
TTjr

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM