DuraTracs - Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron oak

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently joined the Land Rover world with a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX with the HD package. I have aspirations to do a fair amount of overlanding with this vehicle.

I eventually would like to get a set of Compomotive rims but that may be in a few years.

Living in the foothills of the White Mountains in Maine and the recent snow storm I have come to the realization that the Conti's are simply dreadful in the snow. I have been going back and forth between the GY Duratracs and the Cooper Zeon LTZ for the stock 19's.

Ultimately, I am leaning towards the Duratracs. They have a more aggressive tread and are snow rated. Being in the mountains, we get a fair amount of snow. The trails around here tend to be a bit rocky too.

My two main concerns with staying with the stock wheel size (for now) is sidewall protection and decent grip in the snow.

I would love some more feedback from people with both these tires. I do plan on doing a fair amount of off roading with these tires. Plus the Duratracs were used on the 1,000,000th Discovery expedition that went across Asia, so they can't be that bad right?

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE done on 10 spoke LR3 rims duratracks 265/65r18.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417395113417.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417395113417.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 66

Iron oak

Reaction score
Would love to get into some 18" rims but it's not in the cards right now. I need to buy a roof rack before a trip in April.

Iron oak

Reaction score
Just ordered some 255/55/19 GY Wrangler Duratracs. Due to be installed next Wednesday. Anxious to see how they do. I will give people updates as I put some miles on them if people are interested.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some 255/55/19 GY Wrangler Duratracs. Due to be installed next Wednesday. Anxious to see how they do. I will give people updates as I put some miles on them if people are interested.

Trust me you'll love them. They are really great tires!

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow update on the 255 55 19: These things tear it up! Lots of traction in the snow, and the stopping power is fantastic. They do great on ice, packed snow, and fresh snow. Really make this LR4 feel like a snow machine. Loving them right now.

Trekker

Reaction score
Snow update on the 255 55 19: These things tear it up! Lots of traction in the snow, and the stopping power is fantastic. They do great on ice, packed snow, and fresh snow. Really make this LR4 feel like a snow machine. Loving them right now.

My 265/65/R18 Duratracs did great in the snow this past weekend in Minnesota. Very sure-footed on both snow and ice.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
The DuraTracks have been awesome. They are going to hum more than a stock tire but not enough to bother me. It's the best aggressive tread tire I have ever had in the snow. Here is a video of my LR4 on my property chasing turkeys in the snow yesterday.

http://youtu.be/6-OyJ2lKYTc

Iron oak

Reaction score
Looks like fun! I only have a couple hundred miles on the Duratracs so far but I really like them. Their on road handling is quite good. We are expecting some snow towards the end of the week so I should be able to test that put too.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DuraTracks have been awesome. They are going to hum more than a stock tire but not enough to bother me. It's the best aggressive tread tire I have ever had in the snow. Here is a video of my LR4 on my property chasing turkeys in the snow yesterday.

http://youtu.be/6-OyJ2lKYTc

Ha ha! That was awesome! I was doing similar stuff in a large, empty dirt and snow packed/covered parking lot in a nearby state park yesterday evening. I didn't have any wild turkeys to chase though! An no video.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72