EAS Module Not Communicating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillacwill

Reaction score
Hello All,

Fairly new LR owner here and looking for some advice. When I bought the vehicle it had the common Christmas tree of lights, however a new battery, brake switch and TC ECU fixed most of it. My final code is a "Suspension Fault."

I took it to the dealership to get the code read and they informed me the EAS Module is not Communicating with the vehicle. Their suggestion was start with a new $800 module... This is also shown by the center console switch not having any of the heights lit up. The switch will not raise or lower the vehicle. Also all fuses were replaced in case of hairline fractures. This had no affect.

It also has an intermittent "transmission fault" which will lower the LR to access mode. After shutting down and restarting the vehicle it returns to standard ride height.

I am unsure what the problem is now and I'd prefer to not throw parts at this so any further suggestions on what to check would be much appreciated.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start by looking for evidence of corrosion due to water ingress. Check the wires alongside the passenger side floor (pull the kick plate). Next, there may have been a water spill in the center console causing corrosion in some of the controls there.

Cadillacwill

Reaction score
As a follow up, my issue was an improperly connected plug under the terrain command knob. I guess either the PO or I must've not connected it properly while poking around in there for the other faults.

Anyway thanks for the help and definitely worth checking under there before having the dealership buy a new module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635