ebc slotted rotors front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my ebc slotted rotors with green stuff pads are warped after 10k-15k. Can anyone recommend a better rotor?

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer to hear that.... Assuming everything was installed and set correctly, that is **** poor.

I installed the EBC Sport rotors (slotted and dimpled) on the rears last July. I have about 10k I would guess without looking back to my actual mileage. Everything seems fine for the moment but I will keep checking for uneven wear or vibration. Side note, I'm running Akebono pads.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a bummer. It's looking like I'm due for brakes later this year and I was leaning towards some EBC brakes and rotors. You're experience does give me a slight pause on the idea and what was a potential money saver.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a google search for ebc slotted rotors and a lot of complaints come up. I am not happy.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once read that one of the reasons that rotors will warp on these trucks is if the wheels are over-torqued. Don't ask me what me what one has to do with the other. I never really understood it.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I dont know how the engineering plays out with over torqued wheels, but even if its not true, it still ****** me off that dealers just blindly torque down things. I specifically say 103 foot pounds on my wheels, and I mention that I have a torque wrench in my rover and will happily check the work.

If I have to put a 4 foot extension on a 2 foot breaker bar just to get the damn lugs off my wifes lexus, then how the hell is someone with a roadside tire iron going to do that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM