Electric Fan Addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

leifwilson

So i was doing some looking around and stumbled on an Electric fan that replaces the Viscous Fan. It is a Ken Lowe sold by Famousfour.com and they claim it increases gas mileage and reduces noise. Anyone with experience or suggestions on this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't buy a fan like that for a Disco unless it was a twin fan design. I am installing on my '97 a Flex-a-lite model 295/298. I test fited it already, and figuired I need to do some minor mods to make it fit. the Kenlowe brand of fans offer a direct fit twin fan model.... but they are not cheap.

L

leifwilson

I saw those on there site, wasn't it rated for a different engine though? Which one on their site would you recommend? You get a chance to reply to the ACE noise Thread yet?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out kenlowe's web site and email them if need be.

http://www.kenlowe.co.uk/

They also offer some nice engine heaters and cabin heaters....

Sorry did see the ACE thread, I will go look.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Hayden #3690 electric. So far so good, no temp issues. I built a mounting for it that fits just inside the back of the steel radiator surround. I no longer have a fan shroud. I did this in december 04', so if I see temps rise as summer comes on, I will install another Hayden 3690 beside it. (Yes, there is room for two.) Much smoother and quieter now, plus I have a **** switch for water crossings. Good Luck, LRW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM