Engine Light On- Fuel Cap Missing or Loose? Not!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xinto_3

Reaction score
I have an '06 RR HSE and the engine light came on with my message board stating that my fuel cap is loose or missing. Well it isn't missing or loose, and I've taken it to the dealership to get it checked out. They said that while they were running it through their diagnostic computer it seemingly fixed the sensor. They charged me close to $130 for the diag. test and it did temporarily fix the problem, but a couple of weeks later it came back on. I know from past experience on my other vehicles that you can disconnect the battery to reset some of the sensors and I'm betting this is what the dealership did :mad: ! Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How many clicks do you normally click the fuel cap after fill up?

the reason I ask, is this is normal on a Rover to give this error if the cap is not as tight as needed. I always click mine 6 or 7 times at least to ensure it is tight.

They did not disconnect the battery, but they did put it on testbook (the land rover specific computer system) and reset the light and probably tightened the gas cap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM