Engine System Fault - Special Programs Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan King

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a 2006 range rover sport which was parked up for a long period of time without driving. I had begun to drive it again recently but when pushing the accelerator up to around 100km/hr a warning light and 'Engine Systems Fault' or sometimes 'Special Programs Off' would come on with the immediate loss of power and speed. I would have to then pull over, turn off the engine, start up again to return to normal driving until I do the same thing again. This was a major problem as I had no confidence to overtake slow moving traffic.
I took it to service and they said that there was a turbo and EGR fault. I felt that i had no other choice but to replace them and it was done with quality tested used parts.
I got it back the other day and now when I accelerate hard to around 100km/hr the message 'Engine Systems Fault' comes on but now with no loss of power.
Other times the 'Special Programs Off' message will show and I will lose power and have to pull over.
Warning light does not show anymore.
Dealer says that it could be problem with parts I got but feel that the problem could be something else...

Hopefully someone here can she'd some light on the problem.

Thanks

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM