Engine troubles - 3.0L SC V6 - possible multiple-injector failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fields Carlisle

Reaction score
So I think I’m just going to order the Bosch aftermarket part 62820 (which is equivalent to JLR’s V8 injectors and what’s used in 2013 V6 models). Nobody has a clue if there’s any actual difference other than part number.

has anyone heard of there being physical changes to the engine depending on its use in a Jaguar or Land Rover? I can’t imagine Ford was all that willing to make minor changes here and there depending on which vehicle the engine was destined to go into. Most likely they’re all the same, except maybe something small like oil pans or bolt-ons like air intake plumbing.

I’m hoping these things will work without a problem. If so, it’s going to save me over $2,000 in parts alone going with “aftermarket” Bosch vs. buying them through the dealer.

Fields Carlisle

Reaction score
So I just heard from the dealer. The Bosch “aftermarket” injectors work fine and the car is running like new now. I’m so glad I risked it by getting these injectors and saving $2500 in parts. So if this happens to anyone make sure you order the Bosch part number 62820 and you’ll save $300/injector plus the cost of the seals.

Lakeray

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I've got a 2016 LR4 (3rd lr) and I like keeping up on the trials and tribulations...

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, relatively good news but I would still be questioning what happened. I'd be thinking about where you get your fuel and who might be the culprit for contamination.

Fields Carlisle

Reaction score
Well, relatively good news but I would still be questioning what happened. I'd be thinking about where you get your fuel and who might be the culprit for contamination.

I haven’t been buying fuel all that often the last couple of months because I’ve been mainly driving my Tesla, but I only ever go to Shell, BP and occasionally Sheetz. It’s always filled with 93 octane. It is a mystery to me. What’s funny though is that after picking it up yesterday I could hear the supercharger isolator spring noise that means I probably now need to spend another $600-1000 to replace the supercharger snout.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Sheetz. They likely buy their fuel off the commodity market from several suppliers. While they are all 93 octane, the quality varies greatly. I have also heard, whether right or wrong, that the bottom of the supplier tank is sold at discount.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just had the same thing happen. Whole bank showing misfire. Injectors are original with 133k on them. New ones ordered along with slide tool. Anyone have any other insights or thoughts on causes? I’m 90% sure I’m on the right track. Just checking collective wisdom before I jump in.

Edward2595

Reaction score
I'm not sure what year you have but the passenger side is a pain to remove - at least on the 2015 3.0. The fuel rail has to come off from underneath to remove the injectors. I replaced a leaking valve cover when I rebuilt my supercharger snout and walnut blasted the valves. I thought about replacing the passenger side because I'd bought it but decided against for the extra work but mainly because I needed to use it and ran out of extra time.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott,

Maybe HPFP? I know there are two. I just don't remember if the each feed a bank, or if the work in series to push fuel. If the former, maybe a faulty HPFP would trigger misfire conditions by whatever logic is programmed into the computer.

Hey all, just had the same thing happen. Whole bank showing misfire. Injectors are original with 133k on them. New ones ordered along with slide tool. Anyone have any other insights or thoughts on causes? I’m 90% sure I’m on the right track. Just checking collective wisdom before I jump in.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what year you have but the passenger side is a pain to remove - at least on the 2015 3.0. The fuel rail has to come off from underneath to remove the injectors. I replaced a leaking valve cover when I rebuilt my supercharger snout and walnut blasted the valves. I thought about replacing the passenger side because I'd bought it but decided against for the extra work but mainly because I needed to use it and ran out of extra time.

sorry, 2010 LR4 HSE LUX. I already have the passenger side pulled apart up to the fuel rail. It’s loosened and ready to come out while I wait for injectors to arrive (tomorrow). Slide hammer tool comes today. It’s not altogether that bad in the non supercharged 5.0. Also have plugs on order to knock that out at same time as they are also originals and should have been replaced by PO (I bought at 115k). The ignition issue could also be plug or fuel related (but I always run 93 from reputable stations). Since injectors and plugs are due, figured I’d start there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72