EPB squeak solution??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I've been whining about loud squeaking coming from my wheels. From "glazing the axles" to pad changes to everything else. But the loud squeak would come intermittently. Hard to reproduce (especially at the stealership or any garage) but I knew that it would eventually raise it's ugly head soon after I start rolling from a cold start. But lately, Ive been using my gas pedal to release the EPB instead of the switch and I noticed the noise as stopped. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have noticed that even when I use the gas pedal to release it.. it's alot more smoother when disegaging.. anyways, thought I share this experience with you guys

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's one of the things I've learned. A buddy of mine had changed my brakes pads for me. Noise. We went back to the LR pads and not the OEM pads. Noise. I got fed up and went back to the stealership. "your buddy did a good job but he didnt adjust (bed) down the EPB..that's what causing the noise.. we adjusted the EPB to the new pads.." Little intermittent noise. Force EPB release via gas pedal. No noise (for about a week now).

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure why that would fix the squeal you're hearing. I mean I'm glad it's working for you, it's just not how the system was designed to work.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youre probably right. Im quite ignorant on the internal workings of the LR.. the only thing I can think of is that my manual switch releases the EPB one way and the forced method is another.. and someone, something got "jiggled" and things seems to be ok. Sometimes, when I force it, a slight squeak can be heard.. the same squeak as before, but this only occurs when the EPB is releasing and everything is fine afterwards...

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635