EPB woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes yellow light on, sometimes yellow light on and red light blinking. Sometimes yellow light off and red light blinking. Sometimes no lights on until I come to a stop and red light blinks and audible beeps. Parking brake doesn't work - unless I'm moving in which case it has worked a couple times.
Enough to drive you crazy

To top it off, the mechanic can't get either of his code readers to pick up my car at all. His readers have worked on it before. Could the EPB fault POSSIBLY be the reason for the difficulty connecting the code reader??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a different variety of EPB issue than I've heard of. Typically the actuator goes out due to stripped (plastic) gears and when failed it howls like a banshee. It's a fairly cheap replacement.

I'm not sure that the EPB could cause the reader to not connect with your vehicle; did it ever connect before? Maybe it just doesn't speak Rover.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code reader needed reflashing, works now. "Lost communication with parking brake module". Don't know if it's corroded wiring or a bad module itself. But I have one on order so will see soon enough.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9