Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LUCKY8 is NOW......

THE OFFICIAL US Dealer for Compomotive wheels!! Per the Expedition Portal forum they will be updating with details soon of this announcement. Just figured people here might like to be aware as the shipping fees are a little crazy! Hopefully they don't price them out the wazooo.

Lord, this makes me really want back into an LR4 even more.

Now if only we could get someone to be the US Vendor for ProSpeed stuff.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing Lucky8 these won't be cheap. 53 something used to have them priced at over $425 plus shipping before they stopped carrying them. It actually was cheaper to buy them directly from Compo UK.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing Lucky8 these won't be cheap. 53 something used to have them priced at over $425 plus shipping before they stopped carrying them. It actually was cheaper to buy them directly from Compo UK.

Ugh, don't tell me that. The one I have been eye'ing just dropped $1k in price. The itch is strong!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually find Lucky8 to be priced fairly - not cheap, but almost always cheaper than your various AB / BP and other reputable online parts suppliers. Justin is not dumb so I hope he'll make the Compos price more palatable than what we've all been paying up to now to bring them suckers in on an airplane from the UK... We'll see.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually find Lucky8 to be priced fairly - not cheap, but almost always cheaper than your various AB / BP and other reputable online parts suppliers. Justin is not dumb so I hope he'll make the Compos price more palatable than what we've all been paying up to now to bring them suckers in on an airplane from the UK... We'll see.

In being at an event with Justin he seemed like he genuinely wants the Land Rover aftermarket to be successful. He is one of the few vendors that seems to have been around for a while and tries to make it to as many events as possible. I would think he would make them priced as competitively as he possibly can.

kalR

Reaction score

I hope so too. I paid $1900 for 5 wheels ordering directly from Compomotive. Came to $380 each including shipping. I am sure I would ordered from Lucky8 even if they priced at $400 each as they are only 2 hrs away from me and to support local business.

In terms of them being expensive, my only experience is that I was quoted $680 for Gap tool so I ordered directly from Island 4X4 for $510 including shipping.

kalR

Reaction score
This thread has so much great info in it - thanks guys.

Just joined the forum as a result of finding this, and read it start to end twice..

I'm just about to pull the trigger on 5 Compomotive 18" PD1881's and had a question for the guys running 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KOs.

I'll need to drop down to access mode height when pulling into the garage - I don't mind a little rubbing but want to make sure access height still works so I can get in and out of the garage without ripping my rack off.

Can anyone running this combo kindly let me know if access mode still works okay, tried searching the forum but didn't find an answer.

Maybe Finlayforprez or Waterndirt?

Also - looks like the BF Goodrich A/T KO 2's are coming out mid April which is around the time I would get the wheels... might wait for those.
If anyone has any feedback on the version 2's let me know.

thanks in advance!

My wife's LR4 has 265/65/18 Compos setup with BFG KOs and access height won't cause any rubbing. She doesn't use access height however but at the same time, she doesn't have a roof-rack.

We were at Rausch Creek off-roading park in PA yesterday and did some green trails in snow and mud and the KOs were brilliant. I am sure KO2s will be better with the strengthened side wall.

P_J_F

Reaction score
Besides Adrenalinsports that was on this forum the link below will take you to a post in Expedition Portal's Land Rover forum. The guy's handle is Floda. This is probably one of the best looking LR4's you will find. He is running 275/70's on Compo's. Said he had no issues. Even has video's out on youtube.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/88485-Discovery-3-(LR3)-and-Discovery-4-(LR4)-Registry?p=1303178#post1303178

Here is a thread he started with more details and interior shots

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/111077-lr4-on-33-quot-tires?highlight=275%2F65

Also, if you search the forum in Expo for 275/65 there are a few threads that come up with guys on LR3's and this tire size.

Thanks for the info buddy!

P_J_F

Reaction score
My wife's LR4 has 265/65/18 Compos setup with BFG KOs and access height won't cause any rubbing. She doesn't use access height however but at the same time, she doesn't have a roof-rack.

We were at Rausch Creek off-roading park in PA yesterday and did some green trails in snow and mud and the KOs were brilliant. I am sure KO2s will be better with the strengthened side wall.

Awesome.

BFG 265/65/18 KO2's ordered - should be here the first week of April right around when the Compos arrive I hope.

I thought I would be happy with my 19" Cooper Zeon LTZ's but this thread and almost blowing the side walls out changed my mind...

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am, ahem, in the market for new wheels and such for my return to the continent of Africa after my stateside sojourn.

I decided on getting the Compo's and many thanks to David (Finlayforpres) for helping point me in the right direction and answer questions. Compo's are on back order and now time for the rubber.

I saw the new KO2's (E rated) on an LR3 this afternoon at the Indy shop I am going to have my next round of mods done; I think they were 275 and oversized with a 2" lift on one of the rod kits; no cutting/trimming was necessary in this particular case and the truck apparently ran quieter than with the road tires it previously had at 80 mph on the interstate. And they look very tough.

I have two words: Holy Cow. I have only seen stuff as awesome as this on (very heavily modified) rally/race trucks. Normal HD tires are pretty unsexy and mostly business; these are ****, business, and butch (at the same time).

Now I am thinking about getting oversized rubber and doing the lift too....

Thanks to all for this most excellent posting.

Land Rover Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo