Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm worried about putting an additional load on the battery and risk screwing up the gobs of electronics. I guess at the end of the day, that's what the battery is for.

I did manage to open up all the covers over the weekend and the "spare battery compartment" is practically full. There's an additional small battery and controller of some sort.

Lastly, what is transport time to US for 5 Compos? I transferred monies this morning. Shipment should be on Feb 20th.

Like Finlay said already, transit time is quick after they provide you with a tracking number, my wheels actually showed up in 2 business days.

The controller in the middle of the auxiliary battery box is the transfer case module, which can be relocated to make room for a dual battery setup. See this thread for detailed instructions: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23254&highlight=traxide

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Finlay said already, transit time is quick after they provide you with a tracking number, my wheels actually showed up in 2 business days.[/url]

Actually, Umberto is right. I just looked back and mine arrived in 3 days, but took an extra 2 days to get delivered to the garage because a neighboring U-Haul building exploded. :eek:

The overall packing was great, but a few of us have had chips in the wheels possibly during shipping, so be sure to inspect all your wheels thoroughly and let Barry know if there are any nicks/chips.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did manage to open up all the covers over the weekend and the "spare battery compartment" is practically full. There's an additional small battery and controller of some sort.

Come to think of it, on a MY2014 with Start/Stop technology, there may very well be an additional small battery in that box already... Take a photo of that open box if you can, I am just curious to see what they stuffed in there. :smile:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news on the fast Compo delivery times!

DISCLAIMER: I have no intentions of hijacking this thread, remotely airing up 265 65 18's(Everything about tires for LR4/LR3 with 18" wheels) has led to this ancillary topic. :bike:

Come to think of it, on a MY2014 with Start/Stop technology, there may very well be an additional small battery in that box already... Take a photo of that open box if you can, I am just curious to see what they stuffed in there. :smile:

There is definitely a small battery under there. The controller that you guys have relocated during your aux battery install seems to have already been relocated under the brake lines, near the fender. What is the black box aft of the battery / left of the master cyl; Start stop gear?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/575wx6eyerxqexm/_MG_7695.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlgy98yw4fko1cv/_MG_7696.JPG

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decision Time ....
ypuby9e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still Undecided. Now doing a little research on the 2014 LR4. Thinking of holding off on the tires until I get over that impulse. I do however plan to stick with the 265/65/18 tires.

"Indecision may or may not be my biggest problem" .... (Buffett)

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new consensus on tires for the 18"s? As winter may hopefully finally wrap up, I'm evaluating going to compo's and trying to decide on the right tire size that I can keep the suspension at normal height without adjusting the rods/IID in around town driving.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new consensus on tires for the 18"s? As winter may hopefully finally wrap up, I'm evaluating going to compo's and trying to decide on the right tire size that I can keep the suspension at normal height without adjusting the rods/IID in around town driving.

According to everything I've read the max is 31.5 which corresponds to 265/65 and 285/60 for the 18s.

I run 265/65 and I do get a little rubbing against the frame horns but I only have about 2500/3000 miles on the tires.

The rubbing is minor and could easily be handled using a metal grinder or saw...

As I run spacers my "offset" is lower than the Compomotives.

The only reason I lifted my truck is mainly esthetics. It doesn't help with the slight rubbing.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have 275/55/R20 muds that rub on the frame horns. But they are seriously heavy for daily driving. I see a noticeable difference in driving with them on. So looking for something more in between.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99