Expanded duties for the bluetooth in the 2006 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I have a 2006 LR3 with the bluetooth-equipped stereo. I've been able to have it wired for XM, which allowed me utilize the aux input, and I can use the bluetooth for the iPhone, but I would like to know how or if it's possible to access the audio (Pandora, etc.) on the iPhone.
On my older Lexus LS430, this required some add-on electronics, installed by a pro. Will I need to follow a similar route for the LR3? :idea:

Thanks in advance, Dan

billj214

Reaction score
My Amazon prime music works great via Bluetooth on LR4, I can view music playing on the screen and navigate using controls. Haven't tried Pandora but it should work the same. I'm assuming the LR3 Bluetooth adapter is not included with your setup?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the technology has changed a bit in 6 years. What I'm looking for is some way to adapt my 2006 LR3...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I have a 2006 LR3 with the bluetooth-equipped stereo. I've been able to have it wired for XM, which allowed me utilize the aux input, and I can use the bluetooth for the iPhone, but I would like to know how or if it's possible to access the audio (Pandora, etc.) on the iPhone.
On my older Lexus LS430, this required some add-on electronics, installed by a pro. Will I need to follow a similar route for the LR3? :idea:

Thanks in advance, Dan

Dan, I have an inexpensive aftermarket solution that I have been using for a couple of years now in my 2011 LR4. Like your '06 LR3, it only offers onboard Bluetooth for phone calls, not streaming audio.

Here is a link to a thread where I discussed it. The thread also contains another link to a little review I did of this device:

http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/lr3-audio-inquiry.26067/#post-151187

Note that in one of my comments I said that I sometimes had trouble connecting to calls. Not sure how I "fixed" that but it's never an issue any longer. I use this device for both streaming audio and phone calls now. I don't use the onboard BT at all. Hope it helps and happy to answer any other questions about it.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4USN:
This is a great idea, but one thing I forgot to add is that I'm already using the Aux port at the rear of the center console for my XM, in the same fashion. So...I'll need to think out of the box on this one. I wish there were some way that I could toggle between the audio inputs, maybe from the dash or the steering wheel, as is done on the electronics that I had installed on my old LS430. That upgrade also had XM built into it, so that I could eliminate the visible receiver that had to stick out from the dash.
I'm wondering if there is possibly a complete upgrade that can be done to make all this happen. Right now, the XM receiver is added to the dash, and sticks out from it. It rattles a bit and it's not very 'stock' looking.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72