Extended Service plan??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on either a new Lux or the Lux limited but had a few questions. I see a few folks have mentioned the Geico service plan and I also someone comment on trying to purchase an a plan and being quoted like 7-10k for one. My question is how many of you have purchased the extended plan right from the start? I believe it goes out to 6 years or 100k from original sale date. I've always thought these plans were a rip off (I was actually in the car business many years ago and always believed it was a rip off) but understanding that these trucks can be fickle as time goes by has me rethinking this stance. Are there any cons to buying it front? The oly one I can think of is if you sell it prior to taking advantage you may lose some but I would also assume it could be transferred to the next owner. Anyways, looking for opinions on if it's a smart idea and what if anything makes the LR plan different then others out there like the Geico plan. Thanks in advance for you insight.

Shawn

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Btw, please excuse all the spelling and grammar mistakes above. I posted from my wife's iPad while in a hurry....

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Find it hard to believe that nobody has weighed in here....c'mon, there must be at least a few out there with experience regarding the differences in extended warranties. If you think it's a bad idea to even consider one let me know that too. I've never owned a land rover and want to be sure I cover all bases here. Thanks guys.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't remember any one on this board mentioning they purchased the warranty initially. There are a lot of post purchase discussions on warranty that you can find via the search function on this board and the LR3 board. There was some folks who went the geico route and have had a good experience with it. Others, myself included, are comparing warranties before our factory warranty is up.

One thing to note, you mentioned the warranty offered to you is 6 years from purchase date, but you may want to see if purchasing later actually pushes the warranty period out further based on the future warranty purchase date instead of auto sell date. I remember my LR dealer told me my quoted warranty would start at the point of purchase(if I purchased near the end of factory warranty), which would push my total warranty coverage to 8 years.

Good luck.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have GEICO auto policy, then its logical to add a mechanical breakdown coverage(I think in my case its about $11/month extra). See their website for details

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Thanks unhurt . . .just put a deposit on a blk/blk lux today . . .can't wait to get this truck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4