Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
warrantee costs go up by the mileage.

if you wait till the end with 47 months and 49k miles its a hell of alot more expensive.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm...then my dealer flat out lied to me. Guess I'll call em out on it. Thanks for the info.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. my dealer said the price hasn't gone up in years and doesn't matter when you buy as long as you are still under factory warranty.. am i getting a load of crap or not?

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In any case, haggle over the price. The dealer has a BIG markup on these. I saved $500 when I bought my 2007 LR3 extended warranty by simply asking if it was possible.

ChuckD

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these warranties truly LR held or are they just repackaged from a thrid party? For example, Audi's extended warranty is actually held by a company in Florida and just rebranded.

I guess the question is do you have to submit paperwork for your work under warranty, is there a big list of what's included / excluded or is it just seamless with the original warranty experience (e.g. show up to the dealer, point out problems, issues solved, go home).

Many thanks!

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these warranties truly LR held or are they just repackaged from a thrid party?

MINE IS FROM LR WITH NO SIGN OF A THIRD PARTY. ADDRESS IS LR IN NORCROSS GA.

I guess the question is do you have to submit paperwork for your work under warranty, is there a big list of what's included / excluded or is it just seamless with the original warranty experience (e.g. show up to the dealer, point out problems, issues solved, go home).

EXCLUSIONARY COVERAGE OF ALMOST ANYTHING EXCEPT WEAE & TEAR, WITH NO HASSLE EXCEPT DEALER GETS $100 PER VISIT.

CHUCKD

axg1040

Reaction score
Are these warranties truly LR held or are they just repackaged from a thrid party?

MINE IS FROM LR WITH NO SIGN OF A THIRD PARTY. ADDRESS IS LR IN NORCROSS GA.

EXCLUSIONARY COVERAGE OF ALMOST ANYTHING EXCEPT WEAE & TEAR, WITH NO HASSLE EXCEPT DEALER GETS $100 PER VISIT.

CHUCKD

How does it work if you get something repaired under the extended warranty and then have to go back a few months later for the same thing? Another $100 deductible? Is there a "grace period"?

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
question.

I have an 05 w/ 38k miles, Im interested in buying the LR extended warrantee as I figure less hassle from dealer with it.
I would assume I can buy one from ANY dealer in the USA. can anyone refer me to their favorite dealer who may cut me a better than average price ?

Im gonna check with my local houston dealer also...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink