Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, these companies are out to make a profit. Think of it as insurance for the mechanical wellbeing of your LR3. If you never need it, great, but if you do, you'll be glad you had it.

As an aside, I was at my dealer last week and was getting my keys from the service tech who just happened to be closing an ESP warranty ticket. The final warranty cost was $4,700 and covered front bushing, lower control arms and a compressor. The service tech then made a joke that had this guy's LR3 still been under factory warranty the only things covered would have been the compressor and bushing (because it was leaking).

I'm "lucky" that my LR dealer is also a Mercury dealer (don't ask my why they are combined like that) because I purchased the ESP from them so it makes claims and authorization so much easier- I hope since I've not had to use it yet...

Shnoover

Reaction score
Hello,

New guy here... I just bought a 2006 LR3 HSE... 54k miles so just out of factory warranty - where do I go to buy an extended? I searched around here a bit and see the ESP company, but it doesn't work since I'm 4k plus too late... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Shnoover

Reaction score
Bummer - they don't sell retail, only via the dealers. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but if anyone else has a suggestion it would be much appreciated. I bought from a private party, so no dealer at the time of sale to offer it up.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can I resurrect this thread? I am getting an extended warranty quote from "Genuine Warranty Solutions" seems like a good deal, but of course when I check customer reviews on them paying its a mixed bag. I had an extended warranty on my disco 1 and the company paid very every time. I checked the customer feedback on that company and it was mixed as well. Does anyone out there have an extended warranty company that has been pretty good to deal with and is pretty reasonably priced?

http://www.genuinewarranty.com/

Gobey

Reaction score
No experience with them. Sounds like your Disco experience speaks volumes.

Good luck!

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my 2006 LR3 leave factory warranty and post warranty just bought one from dealership..

Note: If you're still under factory warranty then you should hurry and make a decision to buy. you will save a good chunk of cash by purchasing an extended warranty while under the factory one.

Out of warranty I purchased a Ultra Care Package 5year 60k exteneded warranty (added to current mileage) for $4795.00. This package has about 4 pages of parts covered and is very well rounded. Considering i just spent 1900 to fix some issues, I'm sure this will pay for itself within the next 5 years...

The dealer has been using this company for a year or two and has had nothing but great experience. There's no deductible or hidden fees and its nearly bumper to bumper.

Continental Warranty Inc. is the company.
http://www.continentalwarrantyinc.com/site/2broch_ucservice.html

FYI: I did a lot of research and ended with this one... theres alot of shady extended warranties out there...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo