Factory required annual service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my LR4 in November 2016. Today I got an email telling me my factory requi red annual service was due.

Is there such a thing as factory required annual service?

Frank

jhartz

Reaction score
In your owner's manual packet, there is a flyer on recommended services, by mileage and time. Review it. These are recommendations; but some service is required to keep your warranties in effect. Review it and the warranty pamphlet.

horns

Reaction score
Your first service should be free, so definitely take advantage of that. It is the only break you will get from LR service.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your first service should be free, so definitely take advantage of that. It is the only break you will get from LR service.

Are they still offering that? I thought they took that freebie away as well a year or two ago, but I guess it depends on your model year? Regardless, the first "annual service" is a glorified oil change and a chance for the dealer to upcharge you on brake pads and rotors - should you be getting close to needing them. Be careful before agreeing to any such "recommendations" because you'll pay through your nose, and as long as you keep your receipts and paperwork you could get OEM oil and filter replaced elsewhere for far less (if it's on your dime, of course) without affecting your warranty.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recommended service flyer in the vehicle packet implies but doesn’t specifically state that it has to be done by dealer. I don’t need oil change- it was done a couple months ago.

I don’t want to void the warranty!

Frank

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much all the first service entails, an oil change and various checks / fluid top-ups... The only benefit (unless they forget, and they often do...) is that they reset the service interval indicator, free of charge, when they change oil. :)

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they still offering that? I thought they took that freebie away as well a year or two ago, but I guess it depends on your model year? Regardless, the first "annual service" is a glorified oil change and a chance for the dealer to upcharge you on brake pads and rotors - should you be getting close to needing them. Be careful before agreeing to any such "recommendations" because you'll pay through your nose, and as long as you keep your receipts and paperwork you could get OEM oil and filter replaced elsewhere for far less (if it's on your dime, of course) without affecting your warranty.

They offered it when I bought mine in 2016, but you get an option...free service or 2hr LR experience. I opted for the LR experience.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM