Fading Plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
I have found no long term solution. With all the offroad I do I doubt there is one. Back to black or the tire gell seems to work long enough between offroad adventures.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the b2b on my RR, but it seemed like I was doing it every 2 weeks. Maybe I'll just paint them...

Hollywood619

Reaction score
I just bought a product from Maguires that works pretty good. I'll have to check the name when I get home. I have washed the truck 3 times with Maguires auto soap and it seems pretty tough. I like it because it is not shiny (dull finish) and it won't wipe off by brushing up against the truck after about a day of drying.

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a long term solution, works great on my other cars. I'll test it on the rover. inexpensive, easy to apply too.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried using the heat gun method on some old plastic handguards off of my motorcycle last weekend... the result wasn't positive, the plastic lost its shine. Maybe my little test has no bearing on the issue because #1. It is white plastic that was scratched heavily but not faded, #2. Who knows if Cycra uses the same type or grade of plastic that LR uses and #3. The possibility of user error is probably high.

I am interested in finding out if this works though, it would be nice. Anyone have a beat up set they want to try the heat gun on?

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought Mcguiars Natural shine protectant and surprisingly works perfect on outside fenders.metal discolored railings and interior dash as well, my car looks like brand new LR3.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strange enough, but i use black kiwi leather scuff cover for shoes on my mud flaps (factory) and other black plastic and it works great. I only have to use it 2 maybe 3 times a year and it holds up great and it's quick. A buddy of mine put it on his faded black plastic panels of his avalanche and it looks good. The best part is that it doesn't wash off like armor all and other spay on protectants.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ready about the shoe polish trick before...I may just give that a try. What's the worst that can happen?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99