Fading Plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forever Black

Ok I tried all the other stuff including back to black, formula 303, etc.... You still have to put it on regularly. The 303 lasted the longest. I just got some Forever Black which is a dye. it went on easy and any that got on the paint I wiped off with alcohol pad. It looks great, now lets see how long it lasts.....

Attachments

• forever black  002.jpg
    forever black 002.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 219
  • forever black  001.jpg
    forever black 001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 218

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craiglud,
you used the forever black back in '08 . . . how does it look now? Is it worh hunting this stuff down?

Thx,
-D

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used back-to-black but only recently used the forever black. It took a little longer to get it applied but so far it has held up great. I have only done a couple of washes so far but it still looks like when I first put it on. At this point I would recommend the forever black!

dedoman

Reaction score
OK.. I got distracted on your tires... how do you like them? any issues? ride comfort etc?

Thanks for any info. you can give *

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Forever Black on the door handles? Will it stain your hands during daily use or does Forever Black dry on / into the plastic?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to ask my dealer what they did. We looked at two nearly identical "Certified" LR3s. One from another dealer they brought in. The one from the other dealer had the fenders that were severely faded. The one this dealer certified was far and away done better. The black fenders are black, not grey. They're still black now after a couple of washes. But it's garaged at home and at work, so that helps too!

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4