Fading Plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add that I used a 1" foam paint brush for application, much easier than the applicator on the bottle.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good, its lasting. The streaking seems to be subsiding. I guess rain / a few washes evens out the streaking.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for me. It's been 6 weeks since application on an outdoor vehicle. Still looks good and freshens up with poorboys trim restorer nicely.

Worth the $$ so far.

MEDISIN

Reaction score
Forever Black

I went with Forever Black as well. As others have mentioned, the applicator is rubbish so I used some cheap foam brushes from the hardware store. Starting with the recovery hook cover beneath the front bumper:

P1000697.jpg

P1000698.jpg

P1000699.jpg

P1000700.jpg

It took 3 applications to get it this dark. It's still a little wet in the third picture which is why it looks a little glossy. The final picture shows the difference when it's dry.

MEDISIN

Reaction score
More pics of the bumper and side panels. You can see some streaking up close. The streaks mostly vanish after the first wash.

P1000701.jpg

P1000702.jpg

The next pic is taken between the second and third coat. Still a little wet and noticeable streaks.

P1000703.jpg

This is the first coat on the bumper step. Notice it foams a bit when it's first brushed on - disappears in a few minutes.

P1000722.jpg

After two months of sun and fun it hasn't faded that I can tell. I did the door handles and windshield sprayers on the hood - huge improvement. They were beyond faded.

MEDISIN

Reaction score
More photos

Here's a few more photos of the rest of the trim.

P1000701.jpg

P1000702.jpg

The streaks go away for the most part after the first wash. Really don't notice it unless you get right up to it.

P1000703.jpg

P1000722.jpg

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long term update: my Forever Black has started to fade. In my experience it looks like Forever Black needs to be applied annually. So I guess Forever really means One Year.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Forever Black as well. As others have mentioned, the applicator is rubbish so I used some cheap foam brushes from the hardware store. Starting with the recovery hook cover beneath the front bumper:

P1000697.jpg

P1000698.jpg

P1000699.jpg

P1000700.jpg

It took 3 applications to get it this dark. It's still a little wet in the third picture which is why it looks a little glossy. The final picture shows the difference when it's dry.

is it only me? I only see red X's for the pics . . .

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally applied the forever black 11/09. I have applied it one other time since the first application. As others have noted you need to use a diffent applicator than the one on the top of the bottle. Cleanup the trim before application. Use 3 coats to minimize the streaks. I have noticed that after a few washes the streaks even out and are not noticeable.

Even though it may be an annual thing, there is no way I'm going back to spraying on something every time I wash! I was always getting black streaks on my pants from the dirt that was attracted by stuff like 303 protectant or armor all.

For now I'm sticking with forever black:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635