fault lights woes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I been loving my new to me 06 LR3 with 76k on it. So much my friends and I did alittle excursion. Nothing *********. Engine bay got muddy. So on the way home wash the rig at a car wash and when I got home I hosed down the engine. Started it up a few mins later every light on the dash is on as well as the locks going on and off. Obviously something got wet? Any one else experience this? Just trying to figure how long it will take to clear up. Thanks

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely the transfer case control module.

It's located directly behind the battery, under a small plastic cover.

Take it out, and try to clean up any corrosion on both the module and the wiring with the battery disconnected.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roverguy 7 thanks alot for your quick response. I took out the module and it was saturated with water. Cleaned up the pins and boards. All is well again. Went through all the settings for terrain response and its all good now with no mores codes for engine and tranny. You the man and enjoy your holiday

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 M black electrical tape

Now that you know where the not waterproof electronics are located, you may have noticed that those two rubber boots where the wires go thru are actually water channels into the electronics rather than what they appear to be.

As such, I wrapped some black electrical tape around the top of mine where the wires and rubber meet to try to close off the water channels. This does not make the unit waterproof, but it does inhibit water entry from the top so to speak. Of course the rear remains wide open but we try.

Attachments

• Transmission Moduel Case ECU behind battery as installed.jpg
    Transmission Moduel Case ECU behind battery as installed.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Transmission Module Case behind battery exposed.jpg
    Transmission Module Case behind battery exposed.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Transmission Module Case top connector exposed.jpg
    Transmission Module Case top connector exposed.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Members online