Favorite Roof Rack? (boats, boards and a storage box)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, good tip on the Prospeed. That's mostly what I want, don't see it in the U.S. thought.

Jet, thanks for the link to FrontRunner. That rack is interesting. I had some questions for them, but it looks like their slim rack is out of stock anyway.

I do like that one I pictured above which I think would serve me perfectly. Rounded front to help with wind. Cross bars for the SkyBox to clip on to. And pretty much full roof coverage to throw boats up top easily. I like it. Haven't seen it anywhere, though.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky 8 carries Prospeed.
Man you are a wealth of information! For some reason I have problems browsing their site, but was able to get hold of a sales associate. Might get it through them.

Does anyone here have a ProSpeed rack who can answer some questions?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you are a wealth of information! For some reason I have problems browsing their site, but was able to get hold of a sales associate. Might get it through them.

I've got a relatively unmodified LR4 that will probably be slightly modified soon. Considering a roof rack, but my parking garage at work doesn't leave much headroom so I've been looking for the one that will add the least height.

This, of course, has led to lots of scouting the web and emailing people.

Make sure you note that the Prospeed roofrack requires the Land Rover "short" rails to be mounted. The Baja Roofrack does too.

I believe the Voyager is mounted without the Land Rover rails.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I did NOT note that! Most of the expedition style racks go right to the mounting threads. Good to know.

I found another one that I like functionally (because it has a bar in the far back and far front) but I can't get better pictures of it yet to tell if it is ugly or not. Again, as my main need is long items on the roof, and an occasional Skybox provision...functionally, this is nice. This is available via special order from frontrunner;
06_2.jpg

wlvrn

Reaction score
I just put on a full length Frontrunner rack. They're amazing products and super-modular. They have tons of rack accessories from lighting to boat mounts to crock pots (seriously). I love mine; it's built strong and is extremely versatile.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for Voyager low profile. Straight into the roof with strong hardware. Able to walk on it and I have a lot of my own engineering effort put into some additions :D

incoming pic dump!

a13b6e5e-7953-4304-9e92-b055a4572c7a_zpstjtnm7k5.jpg

IMG_20151226_180725_zps8metc7re.jpg

IMG_20150604_200006_zpsijsromy5.jpg

IMG_20151227_132602_zpsy0vewb0h.jpg

IMG_20160502_191251_zpsk5oztd2l.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much taller than the satnav antennae does the Voyager low profile go?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for Voyager low profile. Straight into the roof with strong hardware. Able to walk on it and I have a lot of my own engineering effort put into some additions
...that thing looks great! How is the wind noise with everything you have on it?

I don't need all of your accessories, but I like the light setup you have. That LED bar under the wind faring is completely unobtrusive until you turn it on. Awesome. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but where do you run the power lines up to there?

The lowprofile is the one I'm looking at, but with two more crossbars added. One all the way back, and one close to it (so I can clamp on a skybox)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9