Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's here, it's here. Here in my driveway in fact.

I'm in love..... :)

Pictures soon.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I know how you feel. Looking forward to pics.

My appreciation grows for mine every day. We all know the off road capabilities of these things. But for some of the biggest advantages have to do with the capacity and configurability of the "stern". Here are some examples of what I mean.

One picture shows how I can operate out of the back using the tailgate - even with one of my bikes on a rack.

The next shows how I plant to use the rear seat with the middle row folded down. Whether as working space during inclement weather or I could use this as a "virtual office" with 4G cellular access to the internet (via iPad).

The final picture shows how I treated my wife to dinner with a view. We were up on this ridge with a grand view of the Rockies west of Denver. But there was a wind coming from the SE. So I pointed the truck towards the wind, opened up the back, set up his small camping chair which just happens to fit on one side of the stern and then she could enjoy her dinner, out of the wind with this awesome view of the mountains.

In a couple of weeks I'll be doing some camping and my sleeping bag and pad fit nicely down one side of the back. I've ordered mosquito netting "socks" for the rear doors.

All of those things would have been much more difficult or impossible if we had a crossover!

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 80

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know. I found out the other day if you just flip up the seat bottom of the 3rd row you have a great chair for sitting in the back of the LR4.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know. I found out the other day if you just flip up the seat bottom of the 3rd row you have a great chair for sitting in the back of the LR4.

Well what do you know! I had do go out and try it. Very cool. When you have too much stuff in the back to setup the whole rear seat you can still flip that over and, just as you said, have a decent seat for working on the platform created by the second row.

One of the really fun parts about this whole experience is comparing notes with you and the others who are and will be getting their new LR4s! Thanks for this latest bit of info.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I know how you feel. Looking forward to pics.

My appreciation grows for mine every day. We all know the off road capabilities of these things. But for some of the biggest advantages have to do with the capacity and configurability of the "stern". Here are some examples of what I mean.

One picture shows how I can operate out of the back using the tailgate - even with one of my bikes on a rack.

The next shows how I plant to use the rear seat with the middle row folded down. Whether as working space during inclement weather or I could use this as a "virtual office" with 4G cellular access to the internet (via iPad).

The final picture shows how I treated my wife to dinner with a view. We were up on this ridge with a grand view of the Rockies west of Denver. But there was a wind coming from the SE. So I pointed the truck towards the wind, opened up the back, set up his small camping chair which just happens to fit on one side of the stern and then she could enjoy her dinner, out of the wind with this awesome view of the mountains.

In a couple of weeks I'll be doing some camping and my sleeping bag and pad fit nicely down one side of the back. I've ordered mosquito netting "socks" for the rear doors.

All of those things would have been much more difficult or impossible if we had a crossover!
Hey Dan,

I love these photos and how you already have your LR4 all set up with various configurations. There are so many options at our disposal in how you can set it up for camping, hobbies, and loading people. Unfortunately, the back of mine is so chock full of pelican boxes and gear, I can barely fit anything else back there. I am planning to clean it out soon and make some room.

Keep posting photos!

Regards, David

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat pictures, Dan. You're wasting no time getting yours outfitted and enjoying it with your wife. Good for you.

I just drove mine home from the dealer today. I was so nervous that when some Chevy Blazer with eroded paint entered my 'space' (signaled by the blind spot monitors in the mirrors), I felt like I wanted to destroy it with some super weapon.
Must be something hormonal...... ;)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat pictures, Dan. You're wasting no time getting yours outfitted and enjoying it with your wife. Good for you.

I just drove mine home from the dealer today. I was so nervous that when some Chevy Blazer with eroded paint entered my 'space' (signaled by the blind spot monitors in the mirrors), I felt like I wanted to destroy it with some super weapon.
Must be something hormonal...... ;)

LOL! I'm the same way with people who pull in next to me in parking lots. "Don't you dare ding my new car!" And my poor wife is afraid to even step into it. "Don't leave crumbs." "Careful when you open the door!" "Did you use Clorox cleaning spray/wipes on the leather? It might destroy it!" (She had the Norovirus last week.) And if there is a hint of a chance of hail storms - "Let's take your car."

I'll get over it. I just need a few dings. :eek:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I can view the pictures you have clearly wasted no time at setting yours up Dan! Granted, mine has spent as much time at the dealership as it has with me.... :frown:

Saw you were shooting with a Sony A7. What lenses do you have? I have been trying to make a decision on some big glass but have yet to pull the trigger.

What is your 2 wheeled ride? I would do anything to be out in colorado riding. One day.....

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I can view the pictures you have clearly wasted no time at setting yours up Dan! Granted, mine has spent as much time at the dealership as it has with me.... :frown:

Saw you were shooting with a Sony A7. What lenses do you have? I have been trying to make a decision on some big glass but have yet to pull the trigger.

What is your 2 wheeled ride? I would do anything to be out in colorado riding. One day.....

I'll PM you.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members