first time user

• Thread starter jackdog4@optonl
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If changing the filter fixed things, than I am glad, but I would still check the pressure at the rail to make sure that the pump is still sound... you may have just masked a bigger issue.

J

jackdog4@optonl

Ok ,I'll check the pressure at the rail,i'll let you know.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuel pump delivery pressure 2.4-2.6 bar (34-37 lbf/in 2 )

J

jackdog4@optonl

Hi joey, i had to order a fuel pressure tester kit,know one i new had one . I received it yesterday.It only reads in PSI,but thats not the only problem it also doesn't fit the fuel rail.the adapter it came with . so today i reordered another fitting taked to the rep at Actron he said it should fit. I'll keep you poster. thanks john

J

jackdog4@optonl

hi, finally recieved the correct fittings.i tested at the fuel rail with key on ,engine off (31psi)with engine running(31psi) with engine in gear(29~30psi) so what do you think ?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds low to me, I would say if you haven't changed the filter in the last 10k miles do so... if you have. Source a new fuel pump.

J

jackdog4@optonl

well i put on less than 1 k on my new fuel filter. can you rebuild the fuel pump & where would be a good source to buy new,rebuilt,or parts to buy rebuit kit. thanks john

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is some info I have on fuel pumps, but it depends on your level of mechanic skills.

If its a D1 you can go to autozone and pick up part # MASTER E3270, its just the pump itself, you have to replace it in the pickup/sending unit assembly (real easy) and it will only cost you about $80, lifetime warranty. I am coming up on about a year with mine and still going good.

J

jackdog4@optonl

Hi Thanks for the information. before i buy the fuel pump should i check the fuel regulator,.I was wondering if the "regulator" tell the pump to turn on/off at the correct pressure ,or I'm i reading something into this ? Thanks john

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink