Flat Tow Behind Motorhome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickcfowler

Reaction score
we purchased a 2005 Range Rover HSE to use as a tow vehicle behind our motorhome. We verified with our local Land Rover that it is towable behind a motorhome and it is also listed in the motorhome dinghy towing guide as towable all 4 down with no modifications. Has anyone used their Range Rover as a tow vehicle behind a motorhome - if so, any issues to watch out for. I've read a posting about the battery draining if towed for extended periods of time with key in position I. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to say that has to be a sweet setup - much better than the normal Wrangler or Grand Cherokee I see behind a motorhome. Good choice :biggrin:

-Rich

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just make sure it is in Neutral, and yes it will drain the battery if you leave the key on for a long period of time, if it were mine I would disable the shifter lock so I could put in neutral without the key (down side is you can put it in gear without the engine running.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM