Ford ESP Premium care Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zurich vs FORD

I have decided to go with the Zurich instead of the FORD ESP. The number one reason is that the Z term begins when you sign the contract, unlike the FESP, which begins at the time the vehicle was originally purchased. So a 72 month on my 2008 LR3 will give me warranty until 2016 with Z, but only until 2014 with FESP. The mileage condition is the same for both. I am reading both contracts right now and are pretty much the same for major items. I also got a quote from EasyCare. Good reputation, very well recommended by several LR dealers, but almost twice as much as Z. I am taking my local LR dealer recommendation (since they deal with them) on this one. But like everything else, time will tell.

I have the Zurich warranty on my e39 BMW -- experience has been fantastic -- the comprehensive plan is truly bumper-to-bumnper and their claims are no hassle. Have had radiator, water pump, bushings, window regulator repaired (has more than paid for itself).

I'm debating between the Ford ESp and the Zurich plan for my 06 HSE, but my BMW dealers no longer sells the zurich warranty so I was about to launch a search for a LR dealer that does... please advise, thanks!

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Esp

FORD ESP number is 1-866-379-2095. Hope it will help.
So, where is the best way to track down the Ford ESP Warranty? Have a 2006 LR3 SE and looking for some options. Just not sure who to contact.

What do you think of going with the Dealer Recommended option? Too pricey?

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Does anyone know about 'easy care' extended warranties.
been offered an exnted warranty 2900$ for 3 year 36000miles (60000km) of 3500$ for 4 year 48000 miles (80000km)
is this a good company?
have anyone had issues.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Ford Extended care warranty several weeks ago. I have not had to use them yet, but believe I will soon. I am having a problem with a rear door handle and lock periodically not working or opening. I will let you all know how it goes.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best warranty out there!

It's paid for itself already with a suspension compressor, all front bushing, air conditioning vent motor and some other small stuff.

You can take it anywhere, just let Ford know or diagnose it first.

How is it these have "paid for themselves already"? I got the quotes below for extended LR3 warranty and it's hard to see it will pay for itself unless the lr3 starts falling apart soon.

These are based on my lr3 which is 07 hse and 43,000 miles currently in factory warranty period. The miles "add" onto what I have and the years begin from the moment of purchase. The problem is I don't expect much to fail until around low-mid 100,000's which would render this cost useless.

6/72 $9,674 + tax
6/60 $7,971
5/60 $7,637
4/48 $6,631
3/36 $4,893
2/24 $3,826

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple, I paid $3500 for the warranty and all my combined repairs covered the cost of the warranty to date.

Imo, the LR warranty is a waste seeing that it fails to cover certain items (compressor, et al).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple, I paid $3500 for the warranty and all my combined repairs covered the cost of the warranty to date.

Imo, the LR warranty is a waste seeing that it fails to cover certain items (compressor, et al).

It's not that "simple" in that the cost depends on when you buy it and when your things fail and what they are. Compressors are very cheap. Your 05 presumably has more things to fail either due to build time or simply it's age. If you look at the list I posted, the cost per coverage is not even close to cheap.

I actually didn't realize there were other warranty companies you could go with, I thought it was just that the source LR dealers use had changed. I guess I really need to look into this more - again, just so I'm sure, which one is yours, that covers more things - supposedly. The platinum one from LR, listed prices above, is the highest coverage although I didn't read about compressors.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ford ESP supposedly covers everything, i can't remember what the plan was called though. The only questionable item was the air springs, which they would probably somehow weasel out of. Mine was 3 years, 36k miles from when i got it. IIRC it was about $2200 at the time. Since I've never spent less than five grand before 75,000 miles on previous rovers I thought it was a bargain.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be quite honest when I compared the two warranties the LR one didn't come close to the Ford ESP. In fact the service manager recommended the ESP over the LR one. He said they hardly ever get push back from the ESP adjusters vs. the LRNA guys.

The prices you quote are outrageous no matter how you try to explain it away. Are those LR warranty quotes or Ford ESP? If it's the ESP, then they must have changed price points.

For me, the warranty was $3500 for another 4 yrs/50K. It covers everything...EVERYTHING (too include the suspension bags). As I've stated, it's already paid for itself. The compressor might be cheap, but the labor to R & R it is not. The bushings I've just had replaced were about $450, but the labor and alignment was nearly $1800-oh I forgot to include the cost of the rental car $40/day x 4 days. I also had the airbag clock spring and the air conditioner vent flap motor replaced-all covered by the ESP.

Here's another one for ya. I had my truck looked by a LR service tech at a recent dealer sponsored outing. My transmission has been hesitating a little bit. Turns out I may have gotten a little bit of water in the transmission and front diff the last time I went "muddin". When the tech got in to work on Monday he checked to see what would be covered and what wasn't- it's all covered.

The reason I bought the warranty was because of a bad experience I had with an 02 RR. I had a chance to get an extended warranty before the factory warranty ran out. I decided to take my chances. Sure enough about 5K out of warranty I lost the suspension compressor, one front bag and one rear bag. After getting all that fixed for $1800 at an independent.

My 05 only has 12K more miles than yours, so I presume my repairs are due to build age.

I think the ESP warranty is a no-brainer, but it's completely dependent on what you're looking for. There's a lot of research to do, fortunately there's a lot of info on this board. There was a pretty good ESP thread somewhere on here

I'd look on all the forums to see what everyone else is buying and compare them apples-to-apples. Everything that has gone bad on my truck are pretty common faults model-wide.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635