freelander turbo dying in France

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colwol

Reaction score
I was driving in france in my mark one freelander td4 HSE and the turbo died. A whole mess then proceeded to unravel leaving me, now back in the uk with the car but only half the electrics working. My local landrover distributor checked it to discover the ccu unit was impregnated with water. They quoted £600 to replace the unit. The water got there because the agency in France power washed the engine to clean off oil sprayed over it by a split hose. there is a saga to relate regarding the appalling treatment we received from this landrover agent in France which I will blog when the car is fixed. Any ideas on how to remove water from this sealed unit if not my next step is to approach an auto-electrician in the hope there is a cheaper option as a cosiderable amount has been spent just to get the car back home.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.... you can unseal it by either opening it or attempting to drill a couple of holes in it to drain the water.. the down side is this will also cause corrosion. so best case would be to open the case and get the water out and clean it with contact cleaner and hope for the best. worse case you have to replace it anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer