Front lower control arm bushes worn? Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to email the clips to my service advisor and await feedback. When they diagnosed the ball joint issue, I requested that new control arms be installed to no avail. What's scary to me is that there is this much movement at 3 mph.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just replaced ( at 62.000 miles) front lower control arms at indy shop and it cost me ,since I am out of warranty, almost 800 $ (parts and labor) also replaced inner tie rods , one was badly worn,
and that is another 220 plus aliment

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower control arms assembly at indy shop 800 (parts and labor) also replaced inner tie rods(one badly worn) at the same time that is another 200p&l , since both need the alignment afterwords anyway.Alignment obviously extra.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I had to have the rear lower control arms replaced because the bushings had worn the fitting so much new bushings would not set into the control arm. The cost of them was around $300, which was not covered by my ext warranty due to "corrosion" aka rust on the control arm, and corrosion is not covered. The bushing installation was, however.

You clearly have worn bushings, and the longer you put it off, the more likely that you will damage the control arm. It isn't cheap, and it does run about 800-1200 per end of the truck if out of warranty. Also, you have to do a 4 wheel alignment again after the work.

rbutler

Reaction score
My dealer recently quoted me $1200 to replace the lower control arm bushings (86,000 miles). I'm pretty sure that included the alignment.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too pleased about replacing worn out bushings with the same ****** soft bushings. ....I wonder if LR is going to do anything legit about the root cause of this problem...?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I heard there ae a euro option for the bushings it may have been on Nathans site but not sure.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've emailed the youtube clips to my service advisor, we'll see what they say. I spoke to a D3 / LR3 expert technician (not affiliated with my dealer) that said these rear bushings are designed to float/articulate more than the others, but by no means should move this much. I've also read that there are European bushes available for the suspension but they are not as soft and the result is that the ride is not as smooth.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, please keep us posted.

I had the dealership inspect my front/rear upper/lower control arms and bushings at the 52.5K service (about 2 weeks ago) and all was well. Did not have any symptoms, but looks like this is becoming a common wear issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99