Fuel Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LandyLight

Jsut being curious about these things. Should you change these things at a certain interval caus e im sure they get tired after 100k or so. I found a source for 8 for under $300 bucks factory ones cost over $100 a pc.. Any ideas bout the price or changing these things. 95 disco 1 <100k :albertein

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement injectors

Landy Light, go to www.injectors4u.com they have cleaned, matched and flow tested injectors from $ 15- $35 each and this includes new O-rings. Also try www.cruzinperformance.com. Type in JectorRate , it's plans to make a electronic pulser to clean, test spray pattern and flow of injectors. They will not wear out as pulse width from the ECU will correct for proper fuel air ratio.
If they have equal flow ( match set) and spray pattern, with a sound engine you will have a smooth running engine. Carl.................o&o>..................

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to replace injectors

Landy Light, sorry i forgot to mention how to replace injectors on last reply.
First clean off the top of engine around the injectors, "DIRT KILLS", release fuel pressure in the line, remove the fuel rail, it also holds down the injectors, then remove the injectors. It's easy and way cheaper than the dealers. To reduce down time it might be better to have replacement set in hand and exchange later for core deposit. On my 95 D1 5-speed (4.6 litre), i purchased a 4.0 intake complete ($50) that had injectors so i had a extra set that i ran thru the JectorRate tester i built. The injectors are the same on 3.9, 4.0 and 4.6 litre motors. Many cars in "You Pick Your Parts" have the same injectors, AKA "pocket parts". As above any and all injectors must be cleaned and flow matched. Carl.................................................o&o>............................

D

discomike

Adam,
First of all no you probably don't need injectors, unless it is running like crap, had lots of bad gas and not had much maintance.
If anything, look at replacing the fuel filter if it hasn't been done in awhile. If you are trying to get some power back, look at your plug wires and for sure the O2 sensors. If they are originial they are tired.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course proper injector cleaning wouldnt hurt either :)

D

discomike

Thanks Sergei,
I missed the most important part. Yes a couple of good cans of fuel additive, B&G 44K or Seafoam and what the heck an induction cleaning.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike :) NP..

Btw i know where one can get 8 injectors for disco 200$ :) With 90 day warranty :) Nice and shiny ones. Didnt take much of research - just lucky clicking :)

And here is link on sample installation on Mustang
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/scinject.html

Its not same vehicle, but similar general idea :)

Last edited:
M

montanablur

I'm curious about the code P1316 is that something that can be solved by cleaning the injectors and replaces plugs and wires or is that injector replacement specific?

Also on that note My distributor cap is rectangular and it scares me...

96 D 109k 5 speed

D

discomike

I would suggest you change out your plug wires and then do the old tripple cleaning, Gas additive, engine oil flush and induction cleaner.
You may be getting this fault from a combination of weak spark and carbon build up, so go for it.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And cleaning plugs every 2-4 weeks prooved to yield nice results too. Just clean, no need to replace. At least every oil change .. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72