Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well , i replaced mine, and it seem to do better, but it went to be really good when i finally got around to do routine cleaning last sunday :) Still getting occasional spurrs but i think its related now to cats - matrix rolls inside and blocking normal flow.

Melissa - where you got your convertor(s)? I remember seeing that you replaced at least one.

D

discomike

Melissa,
So how has your truck been acting in the last couple of days? Probably running OK, until it of course it's not.
I think the pump is going to be the best bet with one exception that I just thought of as I am writng you. I wonder if your fuel pump relay is starting to fail, thqt could shut the pump down when it get too hot.
If you get a chance dial#2 and lets talk about a few things you might want to look at before you replace the pump.
Mike J.

D

discomike

Sergei,
I will bet you it is not your cats, that is not a normal thing they would do while failing. Do you have a bad exhaust rattle, like a bowling ball bouncing around inside a paint bucket, that's a cat going south.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naah.. its not quite bowling sound. Its more like tiny marbles for now. But it will get exponentially worse, no doubt :) I mean couple weeks ago i heard it very rare. Now its there more often, and reason why i think its connected - b/c whenever i see rpms going funny - i can hear that sound.. Which makes sense, b/c if something is loosy in cat it will indeed block exhaust, causing backpressure so engine struggles to run. I am in no rush to work on it, but decision to replace them kind of grows on me :)

Just got fuel temp sensor in shipment - will check out what mine looks sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Btw, Mike, do you happen to know good source for them rover relays? I know that one relay is missing in my truck (there is empty slot), have no clue what it shall control, but when i tucked in regular 30A relay it blew fuse that controls lights, so i took it off, replaced fuse and now this thing killing me :) Have to know answer...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, mufflers are cheap :) I got some crappy one picked up in local shop, that i like to replace anyway..
And link - well i got OBDI and that one wont work for me :( Thats why i am not rushing to fix that stuff right away - i sworn to wait for next money cycle in mid August. If i wont find cheap ways by then - i just will order Y-pipe and Borla exhaust from roverconnections. They are somewhat slow, but they are close enough (geographically)... :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Received the pump. Going to try and replace today with the fuel filter. I will keep you posted as to how this turns out. Again Mike and Sergei THANK YOU !!!! I do not know what I would do without your indept LR information.
Sergei...On my high flow cats. I can not remember what type they are. I have the original Y-Pipe assy still. I will have to look on the ticket. I took the rover to the local performance/muffler shop, that my uncle uses for all is racing cars. There they replaced the cats and also later removed the rear resonator for me. I will look and post later. Melissa

D

discomike

Melissa,
This is #2 checking in with you, I just back from a 3 day event in Calif. with 70 some Rovers, and boy am I tired.
Dare I ask??
So how is the fuel pump project going???
By the way, if this doesn't cure the problem, don't call me, I'll call you. Just kidding.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike - how was it? Do tell :)

Melissa - no problem :) We all learning.

D

discomike

Sergei,
It was good, lots of trucks, good people and great 85 degree mountain weather.
We lost one D1, did a turtle and died.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM