Fuel type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverfbimmer

Reaction score
I have been only running 93 octane in my V6 LR3 buy i was curious if anyone else had any experience running 89 or 87. I know it is probably a sin to ask but i just curious to seeif there have been any performance issues etc with a lower octane. Also i realize it says premiu fuel recommended. Thanks!

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the v8 and use 93 octane. Regardless of engine I would recommend using the 93. I say this not only because the vehicle recommends it, but if something happens to your LR3 sometime down the road you can rule out not using the proper fuel. I used 87 for about two months and didn't notice much difference. I did gain about .5 mpg. I also put Land Rover fuel additive in each time I change the oil.

appletigger

Reaction score
i've been using 89 since day 1 and now i'm over 90K. no issue whatsoever. no knocking, nothing...

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any car made today that calls out for 93 octane will run on 87, the only difference is you won't get the maximum performance as defined by the car manufacturer. Today's ECUs will simply ****** the timing to ensure there will be no pinging. When timing was controlled mechanically vs. electronically (as all cars do today), was the only time you needed to be worried about melting a piston due to using the wrong octane.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM