Future LR Models in US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's 28 gallons. I would rather do this instead of the Jerry can swing away. If needed, I can stick Jerry cans on my roof, so the long-range fuel tank is a lot more practical; however, adds even more weight to my already VERY heavy LR4. Still, right now I can only go about 240-250 miles on a fill up, would love to expand that range!!!

The rear jerry can swing out is actually still a great place for 5gallons of water though. I don't find it a problem to open it whenever accessing cargo area.

28 (US gallons) sounds correct but I had also though it was 100L which is no where near 28 gallons. From filling, 28 is also more correct for mine anyway. Near empty, in the yellow but not past "0" miles range left, I've put in 51 gallons a number of times. However.... recently I had the pleasure of miscalculating the distance to my favorite fuel station and was short by about a mile... This gave me the opportunity to see just how much could go into the dual tank system. There must be a couple air pockets depending on the ground slope because rocking the vehicle a few times after it appears to be full allows another gallon or so to get in, along with a little patience for the settling that occurs.

53 gallons that time! No joke.

On highway trips, with posted speed limits at 70 mph, I average 19 mpg so 1000 miles is a common goal. Makes it a lot easier to only use "pure gas" (ethanol free) which helps net the mpg by roughly +10% over ethanol blends.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nasdiesel - the ONE big thing about the Kaymar that I do not like on the RHS is that it blocks the passenger tail light. I know you had folks fabricate something, could you remind me if you have a write up?

Nothing particularly involved as to be called "fabricated" but the vertical arm that actually holds the tire mount can be cut and moved over, rewelded of course. This totally "revealed" the right lamps. I think we moved it roughly 6" or so.

Then I also did have a 2" receiver fabricated for purpose of mounting a bike rack.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, where do they actually mount this tank? It sounds fairly large for 28 gallons. I had no idea there was that kind of room beneath the truck!

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the spare tire carrier. Plus for a little show you add a high lift jack and damn! LR4 just looks like it means business

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200+ dollar gas tank... Not even my 25999 lbs truck eats that much fuel

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone mind snapping a pic of the underside with one of these tank mods? I am very interested, as I like in the desert here and often well over an hour in the wilderness from a fuel station!

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got that one from there site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411489343619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411489343619.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads